Hike Description Level 1
- Mileage- 1.5
- This hike is wheelchair and stroller accessible (Please read more under hike details)!
- Hike Description- We have a new hike this month in Sweetwater Wetland Park! This area is great for birding and seeing other wildlife- and wetlands! This area is half a water treatment facility, and the other half we will be in is an urban wildlife habitat and outdoor classroom. The trails are well maintained for walking and are about 1/2 in the shade. There is a nice cool breeze from the wetlands. This hike offers green foliage, river path access, and a trail network that is accessible to anyone of any hiking difficulty. There are several lookouts to the wetlands to see the flora and fauna in the water, and opportunities to see other desert animals on the trails. Click HERE for more information.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
September 2nd, 7AM-8:30AM
- Sweetwater Wetland Park (NOT Sweetwater Preserve Trailhead)
- 2511 W Sweetwater Dr, Tucson, AZ 85745
- Please park in the nearby parking lots
- There is cell reception at this trailhead
- Bathrooms- There are bathrooms at this trailhead
- Dogs Policy- Dogs are NOT allowed at this trailhead
- There is a .25 mile sidewalk path with beautiful views that is well-maintained and adequate for wheelchair and stroller access.
- The rest of the hike is accessible via an off-road stroller with thicker tires.
- If you are in a wheelchair and would like to attend, welcome, we are excited to have you! Please email me in addition to your RSVP to let me know you are coming.
How to RSVP
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email. You will go to OUR WEBSITE and there will be a pop up on the screen prompting you to RSVP.