Painted Hills Trailhead, West Anklam Rd.
Hike Description Level 1 (2 miles) or Level 2 (3 miles)
- Hike Description- Join our next desert adventure on a well maintained and dog-friendly trail in the foothills of the gorgeous Tucson Mountains during our first cooler-morning hike of the season. The terrain of this trail is a typical rocky Sonoran desert trail and will consist of rolling hills through saguaros and other cacti. Both hikes will meet back at the parking lot where we will have snacks.
- Level 1 Option- will go to the Bactrian summit with a beautiful 360 lookout of Tucson. There are two moderate hills up to the summit that are very rocky and may pose a challenge to those with balance difficulties. This hike is 1 mile to the summit and 1 mile back the same way. *This is the same hike we have done in the past at the Painted Hills Trailhead
- Level 2 Option- Will bypass the Bactrian summit and continue on to complete a beautiful and slightly longer 3 mile loop of Sonoran desert that will meet back at the parking lot. We may not have as long of a break at our halfway point as normal.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
- Painted Hills Trailhead
- 3590 W Anklam Rd, Tucson, AZ 85745
- Park at the trailhead
- This trailhead does have cell reception
Bathrooms- There are no bathrooms at this trailhead.
Dogs Policy- Allowed but must be leashed the entire time.
How to RSVP
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email. You will go to OUR WEBSITE and there will be a pop up on the screen prompting you to RSVP.
- After the hike, please come hang out and join us to connect with each other and enjoy a nourishing snack!