Hike Description (Level 2)
- Mileage: 2-2.5
- Elevation Gain- 300 ft
- Hike Description- This trail begins at the Gordon Hirabayashi Campground. We will head toward Sycamore dam for 1-1.25 miles to a beautiful overlook of the Santa Catalina mountains, then hike back. There are moderate hills and a few rocky areas that may be challenging for some. We will also cross a few small washes. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the difficulty of this hike.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
- November 5 2022
- 3:30 - approx 5:30PM
- Gordon Hirabayashi Campground
- N Prison Camp Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749
- Where to park- There is a lot as you first pull in with no fees. There is more parking at the turn around where the road dead ends. Please be mindful of potential day parking fees in this area. There are also some pull-outs along the Catalina Highway by the turnoff into the campground with no fees.
- Dogs are allowed but MUST be leashed the entire time.
- Note: we are parking at the same spot as our March hike when we headed from Gordon Hirabayashi Campground to Molino Basin campground, but instead will go from Gordon Hirabayashi Campground toward Sycamore Dam.