Hike Description (Level and level description)
We will have three hikes that go out, a level 1, 2, and 3
- Level 1 hike- will go about 1 mile down to the stream and back with some moderate hills
- Level 2 hike- will go about 3 miles down to the
stream and continue on then head back with some moderate hills and stream crossings
- Level 3 hike- will go along the ridge, cut down, and come back via the stream for a total of about 5 miles. This hike will move fast, have stream crossings, and will be more technical.
All terrain will be typical Sonoran landscape of rocks and cacti
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”. However, we have ensured that there is a hike for everyone!
- Jan 7, 2023
- 2:00 - 5:00 PM
- Gabe Zimmerman Trailhead
- 16248 E Marsh Station Rd Vail, AZ 85641
Directions: please use these directions instead of google maps... trust us on this one!
- From Tucson, follow I-10 east toward Benson.
- Exit Colossal Cave/Wentworth Road, and turn left/east at the stop sign. After crossing over I-10, immediately turn right onto Frontage Road.
- Follow Frontage Road for 4 miles (this road becomes Marsh Station Road) to the trailhead. If you get to the bridge over Cienega Creek you’ve gone too far.
- Bathrooms- there are 2 porta-potties at this trailhead
- Dogs Policy- allowed but must be leashed the entire time
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email.
- After the hike, please come hang out and join us to connect with each other and enjoy a nourishing snack!