- Mileage- 2.5 miles
- Elevation Gain- 100 or 150 ft
- Terrain Description:The Camino De Oeste Trailhead begins on a portion of the Yetman Trail in the Tucson Mountains. We will come upon an old stone house that belonged to the Bowen family and read about its history as well as explore the Sonoran Desert at its finest. There will be an opportunity to continue on after the house to a lookout that features scenic views. This hike does have some areas with big steps up and down rocks and will have typical Sonoran Desert Terrain of a flat but rocky trail with some wash segments. There is not significant elevation gain on this hike. This is an out and back trail that could be difficult to navigate on your own if you decide to turn back early.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click here to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
- Saturday, February 3
- 9AM - aprox 11:30 AM
- Trailhead Name- Camino De Oeste Trailhead
- Trailhead Address- 415 N Camino De Oeste, Tucson, AZ 85745
Where to park- There is parking at the trailhead and additional parking along the road to the lot as well. Please arrive 15 minutes early to plan accordingly in case you have a short walk to the trailhead.
- Dogs are not allowed at this trailhead