Hike Description (Level 2)
- Mileage- 2-3
- Elevation Gain- 450-600 ft
- Terrain Description- This is a beautiful, shaded, well maintained trail that offers a unique taste of the Coronado National Forest with a potential stream crossing. This trail does have climbing with big steps on it. If a lot of stepping up and down is difficult for you, this hike is not for you.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click here (https://www.beyond-tucson.org/programs/hiking-program) to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”. Please contact me with any questions.
- 7AM - approx. 9-10AM
- We will leave promptly, so please arrive 15-20 min early
- Where: Lower Green Mountain Trailhead, past mile marker 11, directly after Middle Bear Campground
- There is no address for this trailhead, but you can put in the trailhead name on Google Maps
- Where to park- At the trailhead parking lot, there are no fees here. If full, there is additional parking at the Middle Bear Campground just before the Trailhead (be mindful of fee and non-fee areas at this overflow parking area).
- Dogs Policy- Dogs are allowed but must be leashed the entire time
- Bathrooms- There are no bathrooms at this trailhead. The loo with the view is available.