- This event has passed.
Beyond Annual Events 2022
January 8 @ 8:30 am - January 15 @ 12:00 pm
In January of 2012, we launched the inaugural BEYOND event, which included as many as 36 individual events spread across the entire greater Pima County region on a single day—including hikes, fun runs, bike rides, scavenger hunts and outdoor dance opportunities. The annual tradition has continued each year thereafter.
BEYOND kicks off the New Year with community-wide outdoor events that take place in several spectacular locations across Pima County.
For 2022, we are spreading the events out across an entire week! The plan is to engage different audiences and ages in diverse locations and activities around Tucson. All activities are mission-focused and engage one or more of our 4 pillars of health and wellness: move, explore, nourish, connect. Join us for one or many of them!
All events are FREE and open to the public (unless otherwise noted). Registration / RSVP is required for each event – please click on each event for details.
Saturday, January 8th
- Bike Ride to Remember & Renew with The Damion Alexander Team – 9am – Noon
- Beyond Hike at Gabe Zimmerman Trailhead with Arizona Trail Association – 2pm – 5pm
Sunday, January 9th
- Mural Bike Ride with The Damion Alexander Team – 10am – Noon
- 1 Mile Challenge Run/Walk Event at White Elementary – 1pm – 3pm
Monday, January 10th
- Meet Me at Maynards – Expanded with 4 Pillars activities 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tuesday, January 11th
- Pilates in the Park – 4:45pm – 5:45pm
Wednesday, January 12th
- Meet Me Wednesday- Expanded with 4 Pillars activities 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, January 13th
- Hiking/field trip with Changemaker HS (not open to public)
Friday, January 14th
- Native foods & nutrition workshop with Martha Ames Burgess at Mission Gardens -10 am – Noon
- San Xavier Coop field trip with Imago Dei MS (not open to public)
Saturday, January 15th
- Run with Saguaros by SAR – 8:30am – Saguaro West
- Chuck-son Trail with Ironwood Tree Experience – 9am – 11:30am
Covid Safety Protocol for All Events: All events will take place outside and safely socially distanced where possible. Participants are encouraged to wear masks when in close proximity to others, and especially if not vaccinated. Your safety and that of all of our partners, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. Please help one another stay safe and healthy.