November 4, 2023
BEYOND Hike - November 2023
Pontatoc Trail, Catalina Mountains
Hike Description Level 3
- Mileage- 3-4 (group depending)
- Hike Description- Ready to take it to the next level? Located in the beautiful foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, this hike goes to an incredible ridge that offers stunning views of Tucson with mesmerizing topography for those interested. It will be harder than most of our hikes with some rocky step-up and down areas and steeper climbs. If you have done our level two hikes and feel like you are ready for a challenge, this hike might be for you. If balancing, the level one, or two hikes are already challenging, it is best to wait for the next hike.
- Note- We are starting at the Finger Rock trailhead, but doing a different trail that is not as steep as Finger Rock. This hike is shorter in mileage for our level threes, but the climbs and terrain are what make it the level that it is.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
- November 4, 2023
- Pontatoc Trail
- 7119 N Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85718
- Richard McKee Finger Rock Trailhead
- If using navigation please cross-check your device with the map attached below due to variances in technology and applications.
- There is a large parking lot at this trailhead. It can occasionally fill up. In this case there is more parking off of the side of the main road in the dirt.
- There is cell reception at this trailhead.
- There are no bathrooms at this trailhead.
- Dogs are not allowed at this trailhead.
How to RSVP
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email. You will go to OUR WEBSITE and there will be a pop up on the screen prompting you to RSVP.
November 4, 2023