Hike Description (Level 2)
- Mileage- 2.5
- Hike Description- This out and back trail begins at the Gordon Hirabayashi Campground. We will head toward Sycamore dam along a beautiful trail that will end at a stunning overlook of the Santa Catalina mountains, just before the descent to the dam. We will then head back the same way we came. We will experience a variety of terrain including crossing small washes. There are moderate hills and a few rocky areas that may be challenging for some. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the difficulty of this hike.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
- Gordon Hirabayashi Campground
- N Prison Camp Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749
- There is no cell service at this trailhead. Please reach out with questions regarding parking beforehand.
- There is a lot as you first pull in with no fees. There is more parking at the turn around where the road dead ends. Please be mindful of potential day parking fees in this area. There are also some pull-outs along the Catalina Highway by the turnoff into the campground with no fees.
- Bathrooms- There are bathrooms at this trailhead
- Dogs Policy- allowed but must be leashed the entire time
How to RSVP
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email. You will go to OUR WEBSITE and there will be a pop up on the screen prompting you to RSVP.
Any questions before then, and to get on our Hiking Program mailing list: Email Alexander@beyond-tucson.org