August 5, 2023
BEYOND Hike - August 2023
Sunset Trailhead, Mt. Lemmon
Hike Description Level 1
- Mileage- 1-1.5
- Hike Description- This trail that is suitable for all levels of hikers also offers some of the most incredible views of the Santa Catalina Mountains. Starting off near the top of the mountain in cooler temps, this trail takes you first by beautiful mountain-top cabins and then through a pine and ponderosa tree trail with quartz rock in several locations on the trail. The hike then continues to Sunset Lookout where you can see the beauty of the national forest as well as the city of Tucson we call home.
- To see if this hike is right for you, click HERE to view the Hiking Program webpage, then click on “procedures”.
Day- Aug 5, 2023
Time- 8 -10AM
- Trailhead Name- Sunset Trailhead
- Trailhead Location- Soldiers Camp Road, Mt Lemmon. There is not a specific address for this trailhead. When heading up the mountain the trailhead is past mile marker 23 on your left, and is just past the Butterfly Trailhead. Please reach out prior to the morning of the hike with any questions.
- Parking- There is a small lot for this trailhead holding maybe 8 cars. There is also parking nearby at the Butterfly trailhead, but please be mindful of fees in this area. Please consider carpooling.
- Is there cell phone reception- There may be service at the trailhead, but do not expect there to be. Please reach out with any questions prior to the morning of the hike.
- Bathrooms- no bathrooms at this trailhead
- Dogs Policy- allowed but must be leashed the entire time
How to RSVP
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email. You will go to OUR WEBSITE and there will be a pop up on the screen prompting you to RSVP.
- After the hike, please come hang out and join us to connect with each other and enjoy a nourishing snack!
August 5, 2023