We are having our annual level 3 hike this month! It will be in Madera Canyon where it is roughly 10 degrees cooler than town. There is an $8 day parking fee per vehicle for this hike. If you have a Coronado National Forest annual pass (same as Sabino Canyon's annual pass), this will cover your parking. It is also a 45min drive from town. Keep in mind carpooling (details below)! Click HERE for more details about this trailhead.
- Mileage- 5-6 miles
- Hike Description- This is an out and back trail that is more challenging than our normal hikes. The first part of the hike will take us through a beautiful shaded trail with lots of green foliage similar to that on Mt Lemmon, and will cross wooden bridges over streams and washes. The trail will then turn and head up a steeper hill and follow along a ridge line that will provide stunning views of the Santa Rita mountains.
- If our level 2 hikes are very challenging, it is best to wait and go on more level 2 hikes before a level 3. If our level 2 hikes are not challenging enough, try out this hike.
- April 15
- Whitehouse Picnic Area in Madera Canyon recreation area
- This Picnic Area does not have a specific address, but can be found on google maps by its name. Let me know if you have any questions.
- Parking- Please park in the lot and pay using cash that you will put in an envelope and drop it into a box. Bring exact change, and make sure to tear off your receipt/car tag before doing so!
- Bathrooms- there are bathrooms at this trailhead
- Dogs Policy- dogs allowed but must be leashed the entire time
How to RSVP
- To RSVP, you will "check-in" just as if you were at MMM or MMW. "Check-in" will begin Thursday morning before the hike along with a "Hike Details" email. You will go to OUR WEBSITE and there will be a pop up on the screen prompting you to RSVP.