- This event has passed.
School Lunch Symposium
May 31 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The University of Arizona’s College of Education, Department of Nutritional Sciences and Beyond Foundation invites Students, Parents, Teachers, School Nurses, School Professionals, and Community Members to a School Lunch Symposium to address the question “Are School Lunches Healthy?”
The Symposium will cover the following:
– Overview of the School Nutrition Program and Meal Pattern
Requirements presented by representatives from the Arizona
Department of Education
– Engage in panel discussion forums with school administrators and
district food service directors
– Gain insight on students’ perspective about school lunches
– Discuss nutrition related policies with field experts
– Discover ways to become involved in farm to school, gardening, and
other school nutrition initiatives in Pima County.