- This event has passed.
Marana 5000 & Fitkidz/Family Mile
March 19, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Join us on Sunday, March 19, 2017 for the Marana 5000!
Marana 5000 is an event for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. The event honors the late David Filer who was an avid runner, active SAR member, and local business owner. David was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, in the summer of 2000. Currently there is no cure for this fatal disease. A portion of the proceeds from the event will go specifically for ALS research, via the Jim Himelic foundation. The event will include:
- USATF certified 5K flat and fast course (electronically chip timed)
- One Mile FitKidz and Family Fitness Fun Run/Walk
- FREE eegees for participants!
- Team Registration – the team with the most 5K registrants will win a FREE eegees party valued at $150!
- Plenty of fun activities for kids including face painting and a jumping castle obstacle course!
- This race is part of the SAR Running Shop Grand Prix series.